Visual writing in the post-powerpoint age - learn to turn your view of business communication upside down and ignite the storyteller within you.
From the time we gathered around fireplaces to recount the events of the day, we became storytellers. Our minds are wired to empathize through stories. History, art – and even science – are kept relevant by stories of men and women achieving incredible feats.
Yet, when we approach business communication, we ignore this basic human engagement insight. We present charts, facts, number, and slides full of stuff, not stories. This sticky seminar is designed to turn your view of business communication upside down and ignite the storyteller within you.
Juan Carlos Velten, serial entrepreneur and CEO of Innovation Lab Silicon Valley specializing in branding, will guide you through the art of “visual writing” – an approach to communication that moves your audiences and invites them to act. You will explore and work with some of the techniques screenwriters use for movies and how they can be applied to your next memo or presentation, making your company communication more authentic, vivid and captivating. You will get tips on how to apply some of the same simple principles that stories, movies, brands and people you love are using in order to tell powerful stories that bring you in.
- Learn the art of visual writing and how to ignite the storyteller in you
- Work with techniques from screenwriting and get insight into how to apply these to your business communication.
- Learn to apply the same principles that stories, movies, and brands and people you love use in order to tell powerful, sticky stories.
It doesn’t have to be time-consuming or expensive to build – and grow – your brand. This, serial entrepreneur and CEO of Innovation Lab Silicon Valley, Juan Carlos Velten, has proven countless times within his previous jobs as a brand expert at Proctor & Gamble, founder of the innovation agency Zealmark, chairman at Harvard Business School and teacher at Stanford University within the science of failure. In Innovation Lab, Juan Carlos (or just JC) is in charge of our branding department. Furthermore, he collaborates with both Trinity Alps Capital, Joi Scientific, and Mayfield.
- Date: 8th of May
- Time: 13:00 – 16:00
- Place: Systime, Sonnesgade 11, 8000 Aarhus C.
- Price: DKK 495,- (All prices are ex. VAT)
Payment: We accept both invoice and credit card – please contact Kia at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information in regards to signing up:
- Invoice: CVR-number, company name, personal name, and e-mail of the participant(s) which you want to book a ticket for.
- Credit Card: company name, personal name, and e-mail of the participant(s) which you want to book a ticket for – you will then get a link for sign-up.
NB: This seminar will be held in English. If you want to participate as a private person, please note that the VAT costs will be added to your final price.