Siemens: Appreciative Inquiry
Division management within Siemens Wind Power wanted to create a culture that supports creativity, appreciates employees, and has clear communication. The end goal was to improve knowledge sharing and cross-departmental cooperation.
What We Did
Sputnik5 designed a process based on Appreciative Inquiry and Ideation. It was important that the process involved all employees and could be practically integrated.
· Interviews with employees to gather insight
· Design of a process tailored to communication, ideation, and recognition
· Training workshops with more than 100 employees
· Development and launch of an ambassador course, with the goal of implementing the different initiatives
· Design of physical artefacts to promote the desired culture
· All employees know the importance of idea development, creativity, and recognition
· The ambassadors launched initiatives in the summer of 2013. The effect of these actions will be measured using the Siemens HR-Meter.